The terms and conditions set out below ("Terms and Conditions") govern your use of the Beacon website. You must accept and abide by the Terms and Conditions.
If you are an advertiser on the Beacon website, these Terms and Conditions apply to you in addition to the Beacon Advertising Terms and Conditions.
The Beacon Printing and Publishing Co Ltd reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions which will be effective once they are published on this site.
Use of the Beacon website by you:
You agree to only use the Beacon website for purposes permitted by the Terms and Conditions.
You must not:
- use the Beacon website directly or indirectly for any activity which breaches any laws, infringes a third party's rights, is unlawful, or breaches the Terms and Conditions;
- use the Beacon website directly or indirectly to post or transmit any Material unlawfully, or which is obscene, indecent, uses offensive language, defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person, or which prevents any other user from using or enjoying the Beacon website which is false, misleading or deceptive in any way;
- submit for posting or otherwise distribute any Material in any way which violates, plagiarises or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to any copyright or trademark law, privacy or other personal or proprietary or moral rights;
- use the Beacon website directly or indirectly, or use any service provided on the Beacon website, to conduct surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or send chain letters, junk email, spam or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to The Beacon Printing and Publishing Co Ltd or use another person's name, registration account or password;
- - knowingly provide registration information that is not truthful;
- - engage in any other conduct that we may advise that we consider (in our absolute discretion) breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise inappropriate for the Beacon website.
Disclaimer and Limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law, The Beacon Printing and Publishing Co Ltd and its information contributors and associated service providers exclude all warranties, including without limitation, as to the availability, accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the Material, products or services, including products or services of any third party, that are made available via the Beacon website.
To the extent permitted by law, we (and our officers, employees, agents or related bodies corporate) exclude all liabilities (including in contract, for negligence or otherwise) for any loss, damage (whether direct or consequential), costs or expenses suffered by you or claims made against you in connection with your use of the Beacon website.
The Beacon website may contain links to external sites. Those sites are not part of the Beacon and, unless otherwise indicated, are not under Beacon’s control. You agree that by accessing any linked site you are doing so at your own risk and you agree to fully indemnify The Beacon Pritnign and Publishing Co Ltd against any liability arising out of your accessing any linked site.
Username and Password
It is your responsibility to keep your login (email address) and your password safe and secure. If there is any activity undertaken with your login details then you are responsible. Your account is for your sole, personal use. You may not allow others to use your account and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. If you think that your details may have been used by someone else then you must notify contact the Beacon as soon as possible. You must also change your password immediately. You agree to indemnify The Beacon Printing and Publishing Co Ltd against any and all claims arising out of your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password.
If any credit card payments are made on the Beacon website, those payments are processed by an independent third party service provider. You consent to disclosure of relevant information about you to that provider on a confidential basis.
Placement and Removal of Material on the Beacon website
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to decline to publish, or where already published, to remove any Material that we consider in our absolute discretion is inappropriate for the Beacon website for any reason.
By providing Material to the Beacon for posting or publishing , you:
a. authorise any Material you provide to us in good faith for the purposes of complying with any legal process, responding to claims of third parties and to protect the rights or property of The Beacon Printing and Publishing Co Ltd and its customers and the public;
- authorise the Beacon to edit, modify, amend or adapt or otherwise change your Material;
- grant the Beacon a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights in your Material, in perpetuity, without restriction and without making any payment to you and without seeking any further approval from you, including publication of that Material in hard copy publications or in electronic media, using your Material in advertising or promotional material and permitting others to do any of these.
- waive all moral rights in your Material and consent to the Beacon doing anything which the Beacon (or anyone permitted by the Beacon) may do in relation to your Material which would otherwise be in breach of your moral rights.
- warrant that you are the sole author or owner of the Material;
- warrant that you have the right to grant the abovementioned licence;
- agree that we may use your name, likeness, publically accessible biographical data in connection with our use of such Material; and
- agree to indemnify the Beacon and its officers, employees and agents from any damage or loss made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of the publication by the Beacon of your Material.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you specifically agree to indemnify and hold the Beacon and its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, harmless from any and all claims and liabilities relating to your use of the Beacon website or its use by any person on your behalf.
The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any part of the Terms and Conditions will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder.
We reserve the right to suspend, limited, cancel or disable your access or membership from the Beacon website.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with the law in force in New Zealand. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts for any proceedings in connection with these Terms and Conditions